Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mind


Once upon a time there was king who had all the wealth and power of the world. He wanted to bring the whole world under his rule. He was brutal and murdered everyone who came in his way. He murdered a million people, including children and women. He had no respect for anyone, and all the kings started to fear him and surrendered to him. But still he spared no one. Wherever he went there were mountains of dead bodies and severed heads. Then came an unclad saint in his way, who dared to stop him. The cruel king was astonished by the courage of the saint and ordered his men to capture him. The king was even more surprised seeing the saint laugh. “ Why are you laughing, aren’t you scared of death?. Don’t you know that you will be beheaded now ?”, asked the befuddled king. The saint smiled and replied, “Fear is for you loser, you can kill everyone, you can conquer the whole world, you can enslave every man alive, but you will never live peacefully, as you will never be able to conquer your mind. You are greedy, you are power hungry, as it is your mind who controls you. But I am free from all the worldly desires as I have conquered my mind, its me who drive my mind not the opposite. That is why I am happy, I am not scared of anything, not even death”. The king for the first time did not know what to do. He kept on staring blankly at the saint and could not utter a word. “You are a loser my king, if you kill me now you would lose to your mind and if you let me free then you would be a lose to me. So in either case you will be a loser, as you have been always”, continued the saint. Dejected and humiliated, the king used his own sword to behead the saint. But the king knew that he was a loser and finally left his kingdom and never came back. Nobody knew what happened to him after that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment