Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Heaven

Time and time again, I draw close to you, just like you have done the many days before. Whether it’s out of stupidity, curiosity, plain simple impure love or perhaps even the joy of torturing you, I do not know. As I come closer to you, you lean against those steel bars which are between me and you, the restraints pulling on your ankles and the bars pressing against your chest. And just like those other times, you lash out to grab on to my shirt and then you jump away, just barely out of my grasp, as you always do. The smell of you burning flesh reaches me before the sound of your silent crying does and I look at your wrists, the faint red color of a burn peeking out below the palm. You eye me with those horrible free teal eyes with the darkest shadow drops in them before leaving with a solid thud of the mahogany wood door. You know I’ll be back again tomorrow, the electric current between our tacit conversation and locked gazes, an addiction you can’t stop.
The squeak of the door opening makes you turn towards me. You repeat your routine, standing just within my range and looking down at me with sadness. I don’t move, a predicament in this most repeated of routines, and your eyes wrinkle with confusion. Below your scent of freedom and fresh light air, is the tainting undercurrent of blood,decay,and rotting of flesh . You move as far away as you can from me as possible, until your back is against the bars with bruising force. You instantly realize what’s wrong and to my surprise, produce a key from that sterling golden chain around your neck. The loud boom of the heavy padlock hitting the floor echoes around with an afterthought of the door hinges screeching open. You close it behind you, immediately murdering my hope of getting around you to free yourself from all the pain of this world. You lift your hands up in innocence and I can see that red drops of blood flowing through your wrists. My only motto is to stop that blood from coming out and take you to a place where there will be only me and you, where there will be no pain but only love, peace and serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment