Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Memories

Every single day, when I see the raindrops falling from the vast blue expanse and my mind wanders to you, the hot sunshine gracing your beautiful caramel face. You turn your face towards the light, emerald eyes shaded from it with your big full eye lashes and my heart wrenches in my chest. The memory is ruined, shattering like the mirror falling from a ten storied building. Another replaces it, more so like the weather of Kolkata. You are crying, curled in on yourself and you’re sitting in the farthest corner of our room. The corner farthest from me and from my eyes. I remember stepping through the staircase, carrying the bags hanging from my arms and hearing them slide off, tumbling to the ground with thuds and breaking glass. That would have been the vase for your flowers but my mind had simply forgotten about it when I saw you crying and the bloody mess on the carpet in the bedroom. You had murdered the devil who was the messenger of darkness and gloom, those evils had sent after you, just like I had taught you. I then realized why you had been crying. I understood that you now knew how to fight your own battles and you have become matured enough to need me. I no more meant anything to you because my usefulness to you was over. You hated this life and constantly being on the run from them and thinking they could catch us at any moment. My heart wanted to be selfish and wanted to kill you but my logical mind together with his accomplice my tender heart made forced me not to do so. And you were gone from my life forever and I was left from your memories forever and I promise I will never come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment